Friday 5 April 2013

Laziness

Its the Easter holidays for me in my last year of high school (hoorah!) and i'm finding it especially hard to concentrate on school work that needs to be done this time.
I'm far more interested in being lazy and playing computer games, but even when i want to be productive and get work done, i would rather do creative work with videos. Of course editing/making videos is fun and doing school work isn't and so that should be the obvious difference.

I just can't understand why my wee bootay wont get itself into gear. 6th year has made me lazy. I used to panic and make sure i knew my stuff for exams and that i was on top of my coursework etc.
Now i have stuff due in less than a week (that's right i have to go to school during Easter holidays...actually i have to PAY to go to school during the holidays) and i'm simply sitting here writing a blog post.
Saying this, I've always ended up putting things off that I've planned to do that could be quite fun and relaxing. Fixing the photos on my wall is one of the things i have been telling myself i will do for months, and it would only take twenty minutes tops. But i simply tell myself i don't have the time (says the girls who stays up until 4am) and that i'll do it later.

Momentarily i'll blame school. School makes me lethargic and tired and awful. I'm a night owl. The worst part about spending a year cramming academic knowledge into my head is that i don't have time to read for enjoyment. I still buy books and they sit there piling up until summer arrives. As soon as summer arrives i can whizz through ten books before another year at school (i can also read a book during the christmas holidays). After school is back my brain is kaaaputt. I cannot read before bed lately because i like to listen to music and get some form of daydream going that i can fall asleep to which stops me going over thought after thought in my head like i used to.

Scrap-booking is something i do on occasion and it's really fun. It's also another thing i've been telling myself i'll do for ages and haven't gotten around to it even though it would be a relaxing hour of cutting and sticking. Mmm gotta love simple arts and crafts.

Now i said i would momentarily blame school. This is because i have been off for six days and i haven't done doodily squat. I haven't read, i haven't fixed my wall, i haven't scrap-booked neither have i caught up on coursework or studied. Why? I am lazy. Although i did work hard filming and editing the first three days and i did go to a party on Tuesday. The party is just an excuse, the filming is a fun hobby.
I've been staying up late doing nothing and so i get up late and do nothing because the day is pretty much gone. Oh the day i can drive, i tell you. So i'll leave with the point of trying to change this. Let you know how i get on if you're reading this!

Also hey there! Welcome to this blog i've had for ages and never really use and will probably abandon again at some point unless all my thoughts can constantly be spilled onto here.

No comments:

Post a Comment